Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My random thought: My #5Emotions moments

Well, if you read one of my recent post, you would know that I'm a fan of the Creatures. Today's one is about the ex-creature who introduced me to Let's Plays, SlyFoxHound. For all you homies (That's what Sly calls his fans), you know that he posted a video talking about the new movie, Inside Out, which I am also so very looking forward to watching,



and 5 moments in his life which he felt each of the 5 emotions.


Joy

Sadness

Anger

Fear

and Disgust.

As a homie and someone who really is looking forward to this movie, I will list down 5 moments of my life which I felt these emotions. (Unlike everyone else, I'm not sponsored to do this, it's just because I'm not original whatsoever XD) 


Joy

Most people who know me well can tell you I'm normally a pretty bright and cheerful person and because of those, I had a lot of great memories in so far in my life. The happiest moment I can remember was when I won 3rd place at a public speaking competition.

I was representing my school at the time and I did it the year before too, but I went back home empty-handed. When my teacher asked me if I wanted to try again next year, I said yes in a heartbeat and so take two, You see, the public speaking competition was broken down into 2 segments, scripted speaking and impromptu speaking. 

I had a problem with remembering scripts so I didn't do well with it, but then came impromptu speaking, which my parents say was the reason they chose me, and I kind of agree with that. I am really good at coming up with stuff on the spot so after I gave my speech, I got to sit down with my teacher to watch the rest of them and most of them did pretty poorly, there are a few really good ones but the majority only talked for 1 minute instead of the needed 3 minutes. 

So of course, the people who I expected to win got their prizes but suddenly a woman came over to me and my teacher during the award ceremony and asked my teacher a few questions. It was then I had hope, "did I actually win something this time?". Then the announcer called out my name and my school and I got 3rd place. I was so happy and so was everyone else. The school also did a thing where if a student won something for their school, they will re-present the prize to you in front of the school at the assembly. It was my last year in the school too so I was happy that I accomplished something before I graduated. 

Sadness

During my first year in Secondary school, I was placed in a class with a bunch of new and old faces. I was quite the loner then, prefer reading novels than mingling with the other classmates.

At one point, I had a crush on one of the boys in my class. He was pretty good looking and popular in the class then. I told this to a friend of mine and she straight out told the whole class about it. Later that night, he messaged me, telling me not to worry about it. And for some reason, my naive 13 years old mind thought this is a good idea to confess my feelings to him. He messaged back and accepted it.

The next following days was a holiday so I was at home and we sort of texted back and forth, suddenly, around the evening, I got a call from him but it wasn't him, it was the voice of a girl I know and she and her friends read every message between us.

It turned out to be a joke and I was devastated. The worst part was that the only one crying was me, he came to me acting like nothing happened.

I distanced myself away from him and we went to different classes the next year. You know how people say, "One day we'll look back at this and laugh about it.". Well, it eventually happened, I got over it and 2 years after that, we started talking again, not as friends per say but I feel nothing awkward about it. I even told this story to my friends and I told them the reason I'm comfortable sharing this is because I got over it.

Fear

From what I heard from my parents, when they taught me how to talk, I was pretty good at talking Chinese, my mother tongue. But when I was in kindergarten, I learnt English more while still having lessons there on how to write in Chinese. 

Thanks to my kindergarten and my new founded love for american cartoons, I slowly got more adapted to using English instead of Chinese, same with my brother and sister. So imagine how shocked I was when I found out that I was going to a Chinese primary school (It's kind of like elementary school). 

At that point, I knew how to write but I barely knew how to speak Chinese properly. I was so scared going to a school filled with kids who were better than me in Chinese and I was worried I wouldn't fit in with them, that I would have no friends, my parents helped me a lot and I started watching more Chinese shows to learn to how to speak, just like how cartoons helped me with English. I'm not extremely good at it but hey, at least I can hold up a conversation in Chinese.

Anger

Now this one's a funny story and it took place awhile back when I was still totally new to YouTube. Before I started watching Let's Plays, I watched countdown videos and my favourite at the time was The Fiery Joker AKA joshscorcher.

He was someone I looked up to and generally agreed with in terms of his opinions, his videos are fun to watch and you totally can't get tired of watching. That was until I watched one of his videos, the top 10 most overrated games and boy, did I get mad about it. 


You see, Kingdom Hearts has a special place in my heart (pun not intended), it was the game that brought me into the world of gaming and to see one of my favourite countdown makers call the entire series overrated just made me blow a fuse, I literally unsubscribed from him and stopped watching his content for a while. 

About 1 year after that incident, I looked back at his channel and saw some new and interesting content but what caught my eye was a countdown, Top ten worst Kingdom Hearts bosses,



it was then I remembered and realised, just because something is called overrated doesn't mean he doesn't like it. Again, I got over my petty thought and re-subscribed to him. (I'm still kinda butthurt that he puts the entire series while all the others are just one game from the franchise)

Disgust

This could also fit into the anger category but I felt it should go here. When I was about 10, I was really into virtual worlds, sites like Habbo were where I would go to chat with people. So one day, I was talking to this girl and she asked me where I'm from, and I answered pretty honestly, for those who don't know, I'm from Malaysia, born and raised. 

I could tell she was pretty excited because she was from Malaysia too and she started talking in dialect to me, although I'm Malaysian, my malay is awful, I can read but I wasn't good at writing, let alone talking and understanding, she wasn't even using proper words either, they were all in short form. 

So I straight up told her that I didn't understand what she was saying then she started cursing out at me, saying how am I a Malaysian if I couldn't understand that and that I'm a disgrace. I got annoyed and left. I had friends who were malay and none of them were as bad as her, she just left an awful taste in my mouth. I told some of my malay friends about this and they agreed with me. I think she was straight out racist towards me. But who am I to judge and I haven't heard from her since.

And that's 5 moments in my life. If you don't know who these lovely people are, I suggest checking them out, they're a lot of fun. Anyways, which moments sent you into those 5 emotions? Feel free to voice your opinions and thoughts. Also #wemadeithomies #5emotions

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment