Tuesday, July 7, 2015

5 ways Running Man has changed my life


Happy 5th Anniversary, Running Man! 5 years and still running strong. (Yes, I made that joke. Sue me.)

I can't recall the exact date that my sister first showed me the show, but my god that moment changed my life forever. I can't remember a variety show that made me laugh and kept me company like Running Man did. It has become a part of my life and although I never admitted it, I might have hated the show if I heard about it without watching it. Anyways, to commemorate such a feat, I'm going to list 5 ways that this show changed my life.

5. I was finally interested in anything Korean related


I'm going to be bluntly honest here, I never cared about the Korean wave. I'm not a big fan of Kpop, I used to think Korean culture, especially in terms of idol training, was really weird.


As so, I brushed off anything to do with Korea, except PSY. No one was getting away from that trend.

But then I got interested in Running Man and boy, it was a turning point. Running Man make me laugh and keeps me entertained every time. It's weird to say it, but it feels like a home from home. The members, the concepts and their humor is just perfect to me. While I'm not that into Kpop still, I do like some of the songs they use on the show, this one I love so much that I can't stop listening to it.



4. I learned about the hardships of variety shows


Now, I've always heard bits and pieces of how a show, a drama or a movie is filmed and made, but Running Man has shown me how hard it is to make an episode of this show.


Interviews and little moments in each episode show how much effort is put into giving us our weekly dose of laughter.

Each member of the crew and staff have to work on hour's end just to film one episode and put themselves to the limit to create the best entertainment for we, the viewers behind the screen. Just look at Haha's interview to see what I mean.


3. I started watching some Korean dramas


Some people might think, "Why would a variety show make you watch Korean dramas?"

Well, I watched a particular episode where it mentioned a drama one of the guest and my favorite, Lee Kwang Soo were a part of, 'It's Okay, It's Love'.


Running Man brought me into the world of Korean shows, It's Okay It's Love brought me into Korean dramas. Maybe I take time out to go in depth about it in the future, so for now I'll just say this, I thought Korean dramas, especially the romance one, were nothing but recycled cliches from a different drama but this one blew all my expectations and my mind!

2. I started watching some other shows the members are/were part of


It started with the drama Kwang Soo was in but then I wanted to see more of them so I went back to the 90s and started with X-Man and Family Outing. You may think with the show being about doing chores would be boring to sit through but Family Outing is one of the interesting and sweetest variety shows I have seen.

One of Yoo Jae Suk's recent show, "It Is Okay" is currently one of my favourites.



I started watching "Producer"


and even any episode of a show I could find the cast on. I like learning new things about them that they are willing to share.


1. Running Man introduced me to a new family to learn from


Just like My Little Pony and the wonderful bronies, Running Man introduced me to a show I look forward to every week, a cast I root for to win and a sense of family with the members and fans. 

When things don't go my way in life, just watching Jae Suk's antics makes me laugh, 


hearing Kwang Soo's cries puts a smile on my face, 


seeing them support each other and overcome their fears makes me feel proud of them,




watching them care for each other makes me feel at home :3


That's 5 ways Running Man has changed my life, has the show done the same for you? Maybe you have your own experience and changes to share. Anyways, feel free to voice your thoughts and opinions.

See you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment